Fire Fighters Quiz:
- Are you Dedicated and Caring?
- Do you like to help others?
- Do you like rewarding work?
- Would you like to contribute to the community?
If the answer was YES to any of the questions then you should become a firefighter!
- Open to any Vischer Ferry Fire District resident and any resident in a bordering fire district in Saratoga County.
- Individual must be 16 years of age or older (individuals under 18 years of age need consent of parent or guardian)
- Be of reasonable health
- Male or Female
- OSHA Safety Training Requirements (15 hours the first year, 8 hours annually thereafter) - We provide the training.
- New York State Firefighter I Course must be taken within 2 year of joining (75 hour course, scheduled a couple of nights per week for several weeks)
- Annual Dues of $3.00 per year
- Respond when available to our alarms
- Attend minimum of 6 regular fire company meetings each calendar year (1 meeting held each month)
- Attend minimum of 9 fire company drills each calendar year (approx. 4 drills held each month)
- Fire service gear provide at no cost
- Regular Physical examinations provided
- Service Award Program (payable at age 61)
- Insurance Coverage
- Annual Fire Company Family Picnic
- Annual Officers Installation Banquet
- Firefighters Room
- Community Respect
- Develop New Friendships
How to Join:
- Stop by any one of our three stations on any Wednesday night between 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. to Pickup an application for membership or Download and print an application here.
- Any Wednesday night submit a completed application with a $5.00 application fee.
- We will be happy to answer any questions that you may have about our department.